Antique Tools > Hammers & Mallets

Small Ebony Mallet

Item#: TOH706



This is a 12 cm (5 inch) presentation ebony mallet with a hallmarked (Sheffirld 1914 WAH) silver plaque inscribed 'Presented to Rev. Davies on the Occasion of the Stone Laying Ceremony Sealand Garden City Church, June 26th 1915'. The firm was established in Sheffield (UK) in 1843 by George Walker. In 1848 Henry Hall joined the partnershipand the company was named Walker & Hall in 1853. The famous trademark of the flag was registered in 1861. In 1892 Walker & Hall bought Henry Wilkinson & Company. Walker & Hall was one of the largest manufacturers and retailers of silver and plate from the late 19th Century and first half of the 20th Century. In 1963 Walker & Hall combined with Mappin & Webb and Elkington to form British Silverware Ltd., which closed down in 1971.